Magento 2.4.3 has arrived, bringing out enhancements in performance, security, and platform improvements. Here are some highlights of the new release.
- 33 security fixes and improvements that that help close remote code execution (RCE) and cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities
- A new composer plugin to minimize dependency confusion
- Extended reCAPTHCA coverage
- Rate limiting is now built into Magento APIs to prevent denial-of-service (DoS) attacks.
The release contains enhancements that improve the following functional areas:
- Customer Account
- Promotions and Targeting
- Cart and Checkout
- Staging and Preview
- The KnockoutJS library has been upgraded to the latest version (v3.5.1)
- Core Composer dependencies and third-party libraries are compatible with PHP 8.x.
- TinyMCE v3 library has been removed.
- Magento 2.4.3 will be compatible with Redis 6.0.12.
- Laminas library has been upgraded to PHP 8.x-compatible versions.
- Decreased indexation time for Product Price and Catalog Rule indexers.
- Magento merchants will now be able to eliminate a website for a specific customer group,which reduces the number of records for indexing and improves indexing times.
- The release adds GraphQL coverage for shared routes.
- The urlResolver query has been replaced by the route query.
Page Builder is now available as a bundled extension in Magento Open Source. It is now the default content editing tool for Adobe Commerce 2.4.3 and Magento Open Source 2.4.3.
Page Builder replaces the TinyMCE editor in the following Admin areas:
- CMS Page
- CMS Block
- Category Description
- Product Description
All the content created in TinyMCE has been migrated into Page Builder as HTML.
- Administrators with restricted access can no longer edit categories set to Global scope.
- The generated System report is now rendered correctly.
- Infinite redirects no longer occur when the Admin URL differs from the default website URL in deployments where Magento is configured to be accessible from two URLs.
- Magento now turns off validation on the Price field as expected when the Dynamic price setting is enabled during bundle product creation.
To see the full list of changes and improvements, check the official documents:
If you’re thinking about shifting to Magento 2.4.3 securely
We reply within 24 hours
About the author:
E-commerce Journalist at Mobecls
2+ years experience
Feel free to ask me anything about this post in the comments below