Progressive Web App is a combination of a native mobile application and a website. When users visit your website, the browser considers them interested in your content and offers them to keep your website as an app on their smartphone. After that, your users can revisit it anytime and with no internet connection. This cross-platform solution is responsive on any mobile platform, indexed by Google, and doesn’t require downloading from the app stores. As PWAs includes the best features of mobile apps and websites, they boost user engagement and much faster than ordinary websites, which results in better user experience and conversion.
- PWAs have 36% higher conversion rates than native apps
- Progressive web apps register 50% higher customer engagement
- Businesses switching to PWAs notice a decrease in page loading speed of up to 10 times
- The average bounce rate of a PWA is just 42.86%
- Progressive web apps cost 33% less to maintain