Cookies Configuration in Magento | Adobe Commerce
First of all, we need to enable Cookie Restriction Mode to notify visitors that your store collects cookies and obtain their consent.
- Go to Stores > Settings > Configuration.
- In the left panel under General, choose Web.
- Expand the Default Cookie Settings section and fill the next fields:
Cookie Lifetime. Set how long Cookie files stay in the user’s browser. The default setting is one hour which equals 3600 seconds.
Cookie Path. Enter the path if you want to make cookie files available to other folders. Enter a forward slash “/” to make cookies available everywhere on the site.
Cookie Domain. Enter a subdomain name to make the cookies available to a subdomain. To make cookies available to all subdomains, enter the domain name preceded by a period (.yourdomain.com).
Cookie Restriction Mode. Select “Yes”.
How to Edit Cookies in Magento | Adobe Commerce
1. Go to Content > Pages > Enable Cookies > Select > Edit
2. Here you can edit the next aspects:
Top Cookie Extensions for Magento | Adobe Commerce
If you want your store to be fully compliant with cookie laws like GDPR and CCPA, you’ll need a more complex solution to configure and manage cookies.
Cookie Consent for Magento 2 by Amasty
Amasty’s Cookie Consent extension allows implementing a more detailed cookie bar to enhance data protection and improve user experience. The solution ensures your compliance with Cookie Legislation requirements to avoid penalties for breaching them.
- Provide customers with selective consent
- Let customers revoke consent
- Split cookies between categories
- Assign cookies to customer groups
- Block 3rd-party cookies
- Inform users about the changes in cookie
- Show cookie bar according to location
Cookie Consent Extension by Plumrocket
Plumrocket’s Cookie Consent extension is fully compliant with GDPR, CCPA, LGPD (Brazil’s federal data privacy law), and other local data privacy laws. The extension allows to display cookie banner and request customer consent, customize cookie settings by turning on/off specific cookie categories and fully control cookie management.
- Customizable cookie banners (“Bottom Cookie Banner”, “Cookie Consent Popup”, and “Full-Screen Cookie Wall”, colors of the buttons, backgrounds, text styles, etc.)
- Create additional cookie categories or modify existing, add descriptions, change cookie panel design, and more
- GeoIP functionality
- Block cookies from footer & header scripts, default Magento cookies
- Built-in support of all default Magento cookies and cookies created by the Plumrocket extensions
Have Any Questions or Need Help with Installation?