FTP is a protocol for transferring files over the internet, often used in eCommerce to transfer large amounts of data between systems efficiently. Merchants use FTP to export entire product catalogs with current product listings or entire product catalog to distributors. The fast-paced ecommerce world must maintain current product listings and FTP does this job very well. However, manual import of large amount of data takes lots of time which merchants would rather spend on managing more essential tasks.
FTP Data Import Automation for Magento | Adobe Commerce
- Automated data import from FTP server to Magento via Cron
- Automated updates of product prices and stock statuses
- Improved Import & Export extension configuration
Reasons to Have a Hosted FTP Server
- Security. When you use a managed FTP server, the expert vendor is responsible for providing the security necessary to keep data safe.
- Control. Offer granular access controls allowing your admins to determine who can upload, download, edit, delete, or share files.
- Large Size Files Transfer. FTP server allows you to send gigabytes of data all at once.
- Improved Workflow. FTP server gives you a single location to store all of your files, saving time on finding a specific piece of data.
- Data Backup. Avoid data losses due to unforeseen circumstances.