The branding is not limited to its logo, name, and slogan. You also need to think about how consumers perceive and talk about your business. Branding your business is the impression that your business leaves in the minds of consumers after they have interacted with it, directly or indirectly. It’s the unique and distinct personality of your business and the first thing consumers think of when hearing your brand name.
Building an online store is crucial for business growth these days. A good branding strategy means that consumers choose you, not your competitors. Once they start to recognize and prefer your brand, your customers are more likely to be loyal to it. People trust and support quality eCommerce sites, even during tough times.
12 Ways to Build a Strong eCommerce Brand
Now that you know the basics, let’s move on to the next steps. Here are 12 ways to create a great eCommerce brand:
Define the main advantages of your brand
Today, companies often use similar processes or materials to manufacture their products. If you can’t differentiate your products on these points, think about how unique your brand and products are.
For example, focus on:
- Highly Targeted Audience
Instead of selling watches to everyone, for example, focus on the generation of millennials who are trend-conscious and love to be fashionable.
- Catchy slogan
Use your slogan to highlight the benefits of your business and your products.
- Slightly different design
Want to stand out? Modify your design slightly to make your products truly unique.
Think about the reasons that made you stick for years to a brand you love. You wouldn’t dare go to a competitor, not without a good reason anyway!
Why? Because you know what to expect from this brand. It is “consistent” in all circumstances, you can count on it and on the quality of the services or products it provides to you. And it does return your loyalty to you. That’s why you are loyal to it.
Take the example of the big eCommerce brands, like Amazon, which do everything to satisfy their customers. This strategy has earned them unparalleled success.
Identify your target audience
Targeting the right audience is absolutely essential for your eCommerce business to be successful.
You will have a hard time selling a product, even a flawless one, to “bad” consumers. A marketing strategy aimed at the right audience will work naturally, and consumers will be happy to buy your product, simply because they are already looking for what you have to offer them.
To target the ideal audience for your brand, answer the next questions:
- Who Your Customers Are? Don’t limit yourself to basic demographics. Go further by defining their needs, problems, and wants.
- Where Can They Be Found? Identify the sites and social networks they go to, for example, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, specialized forums, etc.
- What Are Their “Problems”? Identify the problems they are having and for which your product could provide solutions.
- What Keywords They Use On The Internet? Identify the phrases they use to research the products they think they are buying on the Internet. You will be able to optimize your content to attract them to your eCommerce site in a natural way.
Prioritize customer satisfaction
No customers, no business. The happier your customers, the more successful your business will be. So how can you improve your performance in this area?
- Segment your customer list. This way you can send them personalized offers based on their profile. The email sequences are ideal for this.
- Analyze customer data. Analyze what your customers are buying, when they are buying it, and how much they are spending.
- Answer. When your customers have questions or problems, answer them and find solutions, all as quickly as possible.
Determine your style
Consumers aren’t loyal to your brand just because they like your products. They buy your products because they have had a successful experience with your brand.
All of your brandings, whether it’s your logo, user experience, text, or colors, should converge to create a distinct and enjoyable brand experience. This is how you will succeed in bringing your customers back to you.
Focus on the quality of your products
Emerging eCommerce brands are getting smarter. Instead of going out with a myriad of products, they start by focusing on just one product and do whatever they can to make it as unique and of the best quality as possible.
Why? Because nowadays consumers do not tolerate low-quality products. By launching multiple products on the market at the same time, you are dividing your attention which can compromise their quality. And that’s enough to make consumers turn away from your brand forever.
Focusing on a single product and ensuring its quality can, on the contrary, lead customers to stay loyal to your brand from the start and strengthen your reputation.
Speak the language of your customers
In order for your eCommerce brand to emotionally reach your customers, you need to speak their language.
This will effectively reach and engage your customers more. Your marketing campaigns will leave them with a positive impression of your brand.
Here’s how to find the language of your target market:
- Analyze Customer Reviews
Research and find phrases that consumers commonly use and reuse in your content.
- Analyze Your Customers’ Searches
Identify consumer searches and reuse terms borrowed by your customers.
- Analyze Your Competitor’s Content
Keep an eye on how your competition is reaching out to consumers. While it’s important to stand out from the crowd, it’s also good to keep in mind what works for others.
Tell your story
Successful eCommerce brands have an exciting history. Consider making your customers the heroes of this story. You will be sure to seduce them! Take every possible opportunity to tell your story:
- About page
Tell the story of your brand’s origins on your site’s “about” page. Also, a video of the founder of your business can be particularly compelling.
Tell your story on your product labels, on your packaging, and on all physical media that will come into contact with your customers as a result of a purchase.
- Press Release
If you are a startup or are about to launch a new product, a press release is a great platform to share your story. Public relations in general are a great way to reach a larger audience.
Contribute to society
Consumers love brands that invest in communities and try to make the world a better place. They feel closer to the brands that allow them to contribute to a cause that is important to them. And, according to studies, 73% of consumers believe that companies should bring added value to the communities in which they operate.
Find and support the charities and causes that your customers care about. Also, consider donating a portion of your profits to a relevant organization each year. And to further increase your brand recognition, partner with an influencer.
Observe, analyze, and redefine
Make sure everything you do is consistent so that you bond with your customers. Your eCommerce brand will only be stronger. Here are a few tips:
- Write a value statement that explains what makes you different
- Make sure your message is always the same on all the communication channels you use
- Take advantage of new technologies by integrating them into your marketing strategy
- Rely on the user-generated content to create your tour content they please
- Use the most popular hashtags to reach a large audience
Take advantage of social media
The most successful eCommerce brands integrate social media fully transparently into their marketing strategy.
Here’s how to maximize your branding and social media marketing efforts:
- Communicate with your audience on their favorite platforms
- Consider using social networks to respond to your customers’ requests
- Listen to your customers
- Sell your products, but don’t spam
- Grow your audience, but prioritize user engagement, not the number of subscribers
Need Help to Develop a Solid eCommerce Strategy for Your Website?