A lucid, highlighted refund policy makes the online store more securable and trustworthy for customers. Default Magento | Adobe Commerce comes with the Credit Memo function that assists online merchants to refund the shoppers’ money for returns. A credit memo is a document which shows the amount of money that is owed to the customer. It can be used for another purchase or partially refunded to the customers. In this article, our team wants to share with you one of our latest case studies on fixing credit memo issues.
When creating a credit memo, there is no refund amount for the item.
- Check order details that had $0 refund
- Find out why there was no amount to return
- We found out that when you remove an item from the order and check the old invoice, it has the next error message:
- When there’s an item in the invoice, it’s included in the invoice-items list. When the code passes through it, it takes data from the order. In our case, the order was deleted, so that’s why we were getting this error message.
- We reproduced the bug:
a) Created an order with two different goods (e.g., sku 39223 and sku 32720)
b) Made an invoice and checked the credit memo (so far everything was OK)
c) Used client’s custom Order Editor module to delete one item
d) Checked the credit memo (credit memo was $0)
- The root issue of $0 credit memos was the client’s custom Order Editor module, which was responsible for managing invoices, shipment, credit memos and sending this data to Avalara. Sometimes, the module was struggling to reset invoices, receiving them from the database. This bug was interrupting the entire chain of new invoices re-creation making the product_total equal 0.
- We modified the module to transfer data of changed invoices to Avalara and give them VOID status (canceled by a merchant or vendor before it settles through a consumer’s debit or credit card account).
- After we had modified the module, there were no issues when creating credit memos
Have A Problem? Ask Us For Help!