The Process Before:
- A manager receives an order
- Finds it in catalog
- Creates a CSV file
- Competes it with product and shipping details
- Sends it to manufacturer
The Process After:
- A manager receives an order
- A manager gets a completed CSV file and sends it to the manufacturer
We’ve developed a module which removes extra steps, making the process automated and faster. When a manager receives an order, our module finds the necessary item by SKU and the “brand” attribute, creates and completes a CSV file, sends it to a manager.
- Customers couldn’t see the number of products within a batch
- Customers were calling managers to check the number of products within a batch
- Managers were checking and updating this data manually
- Products of different batches were often mixed
- New “batches” section on product pages
- Users can see the number of products with a batch
- Notifications for customers if there are not enough products within a batch
We’ve customized product pages and added an option allowing customers to choose a product batch. If there aren’t enough items, customers see a notification message and available quantity within each product batch. Stock and “batches” section update automatically after every purchase.
- Customers were hardly making a purchase decision
- Low client retention and conversion rates
- Magento has no Sample Products functionality
- “Order Sample” button for clients
- Samples for certain attribute sets
- Paid or free samples shipping
- Increased loyalty and conversion rate
Product samples are essential for shops that sell cosmetics, fabrics, wallpapers, perfumes, etc. because customers can touch fabrics and wallpapers, smell perfumes, try lipstick or creme like at brick and mortars.
We’ve developed a module which allows customers to order product sample just like a simple item. It can be done for a certain price or free.
The module adds “Order Samples” button on a product page. When a customer presses it, Product Sample goes to the shopping cart. An admin can check it in the “orders” grid.
- An extremely wide dealer network
- Each dealer has special terms: pricing, stock, and offers
- Hard to manage dealers’ orders manually because of specific cooperation terms
- Some dalers need exclusive rights
- Dealer access can be granted on a country level (one or more countries
- Dealer access can be granted to specific users (exclusive rights)
- Exclusive categories can be hidden from certain users
- Advanced user grid to access dealers with exclusive rights quickly
We developed a module that helps to cut costs on managing dealer networks. All data is stored in one place and managers can easily get the necessary information what makes the process faster.
- Great number of similar products but with different SKUs and UPCs
- Wrong items delivery
- Time-consuming items checking before packaging
- Discrepancy between the real quantity of products at stock and Magento store
- Incorrect accounting data
- Automated order verification
- Fewer delivery mistakes
- Compliance of product quantity at stock and Magento store
We’ve developed a module that tracks all the orders and warns admin if it’s a wrong item.
That’s how it works. Open admin area and enter an order number in the special field (Verify order). Then get a list of items to be packed. After that, enter SKU or UPC of the item and the module will show if this item matches order or not.
This information can be entered manually or with a barcode scanner. If entered data matches the order, a manager will see a message that the order is verified and a special verification label on the order page.
- Good traffic but the conversion rate is low
- High cart abandonment rate
- Customers became more motivated
- Conversion increased by 2.8%
We designed and developed several motivational nudge blocks based on the best marketing and design practices:
- XXX people are choosing that club right now
- Only X are left
- Offer expires in XX
- XXX people added this product into a cart in the last 30 minutes
These last chance signs are a must-have feature for any online store. On average, they boost the conversion rate by 2.8 %.