Image Search SEO
Image Alt and Title Attributes
The client noticed that product images from the website didn’t appear on image search result pages. These pages drive traffic to an eCommerce store when users search for an exact product.
The fact is that the more exact query a user enters the likelier he buys the product. That’s why it’s so vital to display product images on the search result pages. Mobecls team audited on-site image optimization and revealed several issues with images’ size and the content of alt and title attributes.
We’ve implemented a smart solution that allows the client to add proper content to the attributes automatically.
The images from the client’s website appeared on the image search result page after 1,5 months. We’ve tested the same search query in January and at the end of February.
Search Performance Results After Image Optimization
The number of clicks significantly increased after on-site image optimization that we did on the 14th of January. The client’s website got more clicks and impressions. As visual elements considered to be more effective than text, CTR also showed a positive dynamic.
- Clicks Before
- Clicks After
SEO Setup Before Launch
The way you configure your website at the beginning influences the future SEO environment. Recently e got a request to take part in the initial stage of a jewelry website development. That’s an ideal time to prevent lots of SEO issues.
Our SEO team did the following work:
- Website structure development. Decisions on which pages had to be done as categories and opened for indexing and which filters and forbidden for indexing.
- Server and CMS configuration: caching, proper HTTP headers, CSS, and HTML optimization, etc.
- Meta Tags template development based on keywords statistics data and popularity. Setting up automatically generated meta tags content for categories and product pages.
- URLs structure optimization. User-friendly URLs setup.
- Image Optimization. Setting up automatically generated content for Title and Alt tags. Image size optimization and caching set up.
- Indexing rules configuration: robots txt, meta robots, and x-robots tags setup.
- SEO templates for on-page texts and instructions for client’s copywriters.
Just after the launch date, the client’s website showed rapid traffic growth from the Google Search channel without any off-site SEO optimization.