- Data transfer issues
- Every change in Magento order info was canceling or recreating the same order in Epicor
- Item IDs didn’t match each other in both systems
- Epicor import was too slow
- Full data syncronization between Magento and Epicor
- All changes in Magento data update correctly in Epicor
- Epicor import optimization (direct SQL requests)
We synchronized all the Epicor data such as products, users, orders, tracking numbers, etc. with a Magento store. Besides full Epicor Eclipse Magento integration, we carried out some optimization work.
We’ve solved the discount and coupon transfer issue. When admins were adding discounts and coupons in Magento this information wasn’t updating in Epicor. Also, we’ve significantly speeded up Epicor import with the help of direct SQL requests.
That’s only a few examples of what optimization work we’ve done. Contact us if you need more information about Epicor Eclipse integration and its optimization.
- Low conversion due to a big number of customizations
- Poor performance
- The same template for both desktop and mobile website versions
- The client has a lighter mobile website template
- No more unnecessary code lines and features
- Better performance
- Mobile conversion equals desktop one
We developed a lighter mobile template. It’s not burdened with extra function and code lines as the desktop version. It has become much faster and optimized. The fewer time customers spend to make a purchase the more satisfied they become.
As a result, mobile conversion got to the same level as the desktop version. The new template also helped to enhance search visibility, user experience, lead generation and brand identity.
- Abonded cart rate of 63%
- Poor checkout performance
- Shipping Rules and Promo Rules extensions were causing a heavy server load
- Block cashe issues
- Checkout page loads in 0.9 sec
- Abonded cart rate is 55 %
At first, we tried to refresh the cache. It helped a little bit to reduce the load time, but two days later it all started again. Then we switched off the block cache, and the results became better. Nevertheless, it was possible to speed it up more. We rewrote some queries of Promo and Shipping rules as they were causing heavy server load.
As a result, the checkout page started to load in 0,9 sec, which is 300% faster than it was. The number of abandoned carts has become significantly lower.
- Page loads in 12 sec
- Unneccessary scripts and modules
- Badly optimized pictures
- Poor server optimization
- The page load is twice faster.
What we’ve done:
- Examined all clients’ modules and switched off unnecessary ones.
- Reduced the size of pictures bigger than 500kb.
- Accomplished server and code optimization.
- Installed and configured Varnish Cache (web application accelerator that cashes site’s content)
- Disabled unnecessary js,css.
- Optimized Amazon scripts.
- Optimized items that have more than 600 subsidiary products. We managed to boost their load by 7 sec on average.
- Time-consuming FedEx return management
- Fully automated process
- A customer enters order ID, product and chooses a reason for return
- FedEx sends this customer a return label
We ruled out store admins involvement in return operations. Customers enter all the necessary information for a return, and our solution sends it to FedEx. After that, they get a return label.
We also customized the FedEx return form for better user experience. Reason for Return field became a dropdown with three options:
- Return for Refund/Credit
- Return for Exchange
- Satisfaction Guarantee Return
We also added a new field Add New Order Number for cases, where customers want to exchange an item for another one.
We’ve found out that Epicor Eclipse is quite popular system among home decor stores. Epicor Eclipse is an ERP CRM business system aimed at electrical, plumbing, HVAC and PVF distributors. It offers numerous features to grow sales, improve margins and increase productivity. Epicor Eclipse functionality lets users anticipate and satisfy shifting customer demands.
- Manage warehouse, inventory, purchasing and manufacturing.
- Calculate the amount of needed inventory.
- Manage all customer data (e.g., contacts, opportunities, loyalty programs) and access it from anywhere.
- Perform financial and job management.
- Maximize profits by showing how and where to squeeze higher gross margins out of less price-sensitive transactions, including shipping.
All features are available from any device including mobile phones.
The system can be integrated in your Magento store and we’re ready to help you to do it. The integration of Epicor Eclipse will help you to increase sales, reach new customers and shorten sale cycles.