- Data transfer issues
- Every change in Magento order info was canceling or recreating the same order in Epicor
- Item IDs didn’t match each other in both systems
- Epicor import was too slow
- Full data syncronization between Magento and Epicor
- All changes in Magento data update correctly in Epicor
- Epicor import optimization (direct SQL requests)
We synchronized all the Epicor data such as products, users, orders, tracking numbers, etc. with a Magento store. Besides full Epicor Eclipse Magento integration, we carried out some optimization work.
We’ve solved the discount and coupon transfer issue. When admins were adding discounts and coupons in Magento this information wasn’t updating in Epicor. Also, we’ve significantly speeded up Epicor import with the help of direct SQL requests.
That’s only a few examples of what optimization work we’ve done. Contact us if you need more information about Epicor Eclipse integration and its optimization.
- Low conversion due to a big number of customizations
- Poor performance
- The same template for both desktop and mobile website versions
- The client has a lighter mobile website template
- No more unnecessary code lines and features
- Better performance
- Mobile conversion equals desktop one
We developed a lighter mobile template. It’s not burdened with extra function and code lines as the desktop version. It has become much faster and optimized. The fewer time customers spend to make a purchase the more satisfied they become.
As a result, mobile conversion got to the same level as the desktop version. The new template also helped to enhance search visibility, user experience, lead generation and brand identity.
- Time-consuming FedEx return management
- Fully automated process
- A customer enters order ID, product and chooses a reason for return
- FedEx sends this customer a return label
We ruled out store admins involvement in return operations. Customers enter all the necessary information for a return, and our solution sends it to FedEx. After that, they get a return label.
We also customized the FedEx return form for better user experience. Reason for Return field became a dropdown with three options:
- Return for Refund/Credit
- Return for Exchange
- Satisfaction Guarantee Return
We also added a new field Add New Order Number for cases, where customers want to exchange an item for another one.
- Low order value
- Custom upselling solution doubled the average order value
- Customer lifetime value has increased
We’ve developed an upselling solution that boosts the number of goods a client purchases within one session. The module shows customers a popup banner after they add products to the shopping cart. It’s aim is to persuade customers to upgrade their product or buy a more expensive version of it.
- upsell items popup;
- related products number option;
- quick access from admin panel;
- product correlation by attributes values;
- automatic products assignment by rule
- Abonded cart rate of 63%
- Poor checkout performance
- Shipping Rules and Promo Rules extensions were causing a heavy server load
- Block cashe issues
- Checkout page loads in 0.9 sec
- Abonded cart rate is 55 %
At first, we tried to refresh the cache. It helped a little bit to reduce the load time, but two days later it all started again. Then we switched off the block cache, and the results became better. Nevertheless, it was possible to speed it up more. We rewrote some queries of Promo and Shipping rules as they were causing heavy server load.
As a result, the checkout page started to load in 0,9 sec, which is 300% faster than it was. The number of abandoned carts has become significantly lower.
- Page loads in 12 sec
- Unneccessary scripts and modules
- Badly optimized pictures
- Poor server optimization
- The page load is twice faster.
What we’ve done:
- Examined all clients’ modules and switched off unnecessary ones.
- Reduced the size of pictures bigger than 500kb.
- Accomplished server and code optimization.
- Installed and configured Varnish Cache (web application accelerator that cashes site’s content)
- Disabled unnecessary js,css.
- Optimized Amazon scripts.
- Optimized items that have more than 600 subsidiary products. We managed to boost their load by 7 sec on average.
- Time-consuming manual removal of out-of-stock items
- Users were often getting on 404 page as admins didn’t have time to remove the old links
- Frustrated customers
- Automated removal of out-of-stock items
- Automated redirects to category pages
- Enhanced user experience
We’ve developed a module that solves automates the removal of out-of-stock products and URL redirects. The module scans all products via cron. When a product has the status “Out of stock” for the first time the extension starts to check a number of visits on the product page. If the number of visits would be, for example, less than 2 per month, the module will place a redirect to a category page. If the number of visits would be, for example, more than 2 per month, the extension won’t place redirect and will start another circle of visits checking.
Out of Stock product with a redirect on the page will be removed from the database after the determined period of time.
- Performance Issues
- Customized default log cleaning Magento tool
Log files contain a lot of information and the amount of it becomes bigger with every visit of your Magento store. The number of records can reach millions and these files can take up much space (several GB). It harmfully impacts store’s performance.
Extended Log Cleaning is a module that adds more options to the standard tool in Magento and allows to schedule cleaning log. By default, there is no selection of files to be cleaned in Magento. Our solution helps to choose files that should be removed.
We’ve found out that Epicor Eclipse is quite popular system among home decor stores. Epicor Eclipse is an ERP CRM business system aimed at electrical, plumbing, HVAC and PVF distributors. It offers numerous features to grow sales, improve margins and increase productivity. Epicor Eclipse functionality lets users anticipate and satisfy shifting customer demands.
- Manage warehouse, inventory, purchasing and manufacturing.
- Calculate the amount of needed inventory.
- Manage all customer data (e.g., contacts, opportunities, loyalty programs) and access it from anywhere.
- Perform financial and job management.
- Maximize profits by showing how and where to squeeze higher gross margins out of less price-sensitive transactions, including shipping.
All features are available from any device including mobile phones.
The system can be integrated in your Magento store and we’re ready to help you to do it. The integration of Epicor Eclipse will help you to increase sales, reach new customers and shorten sale cycles.